Daisies, River Forks Park, Roseburg, Oregon 2011

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Gracie


I got a call from my BFF in Idaho this morning to tell me her beloved dog, Gracie, died yesterday. Gracie has been with Jan through thick and thin, marriage and divorce, and everything in between for one month shy of 15 years. Since Jan and I have been best friends for more years than either of us want to count, I have known Gracie since she was the tiniest little pup. Even though in dog years she was well and truly an old lady, it has always seemed she would be around forever.

Gracie was one of the most gentle, sweet and loving dogs I've ever had the pleasure to know. And, boy, did she love her food, her toys, and her new Dad, though she loved her Mom the most. Tears were shed over the phone, and no doubt many more will fall in the days to come.

Rest in Peace, ol' girl. You will be sorely missed.

No comments: