Daisies, River Forks Park, Roseburg, Oregon 2011

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The End !!!

ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more  

Three months, three weeks, two days and fourteen hours. 169,836 words, 530 pages.  

Oh.My.God.

I did it.

I wanted to finish by last Sunday, but just couldn't manage it. I had so many things to tie up, then I had to set the stage for the next book in the series, which was WAY more difficult than expected. I wanted to have a good ending to this book, but needed to leave certain things dangling for the next one. Honestly, you'd think trying to write one book would be enough, but as usual with me, that would be too bloody easy.

Yesterday I was so close there was no way in hell I was going to stop, so I plowed on and finished last night at 10:00pm. It was an amazing feeling. I yelled and shouted, which freaked Ozzy out. He came charging into the room to rescue me from some dangerous villain and was very disappointed his services weren't required.

Anyway, the first draft is done. I'm going to take a short break then start the rewrites. I already know I'll be cutting/changing practically the whole first half which will drop the page numbers and word count drastically. I really like the story from mid-way to The End. Now I'll have to see if I can make the beginning as cohesive as the rest.

And, speaking of rest. I'm going to go read a book. Have some coffee. Wait till Noon when my BFF calls from Idaho and first thing out of her mouth will be: "Well?" I will scream with joy: "It's finished!!!!!!!!!!!"

Totally cool.

No comments: