Daisies, River Forks Park, Roseburg, Oregon 2011

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Time Off

I've just spent the last 10 days or so reading all my TBR books and what an amazingly enjoyable time I've had.  Lucky for me the books I've gathered over the past few months, and stacked in a pile to be read, turned out to be totally great.  It's been a good break from my writing.

Now that I'm caught up on my reading, today I've started the grueling process of trying to make the first half of my book blend with the last half.  In a way, after the tremendously good books I've just been immersed in, I'm sort of intimidated.  There will never come a time when I can write like Jeaniene Frost, Kresley Cole or Nalini Singh...sigh.  Still, it gives me incentive to work harder, write better, and if I can't be like them, what the hell, I can at least get lost in their stories.

Here's what I've read over the last two weeks:

The Night Huntress Series, by Jeaniene Frost. 


The Guild Hunter Series, by Nalini Singh

 

Newest release in the Immortals After Dark Series, by Kresley Cole


Beautiful Creatures, by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl

 

Each and every one of the above titles was good.  I have only one book left in my TBR pile.  Unfortunately, I've tried at least six times to get into it and so far it's failed to grab me.  The cover is absolutely beautiful, don't know about the story.

The bad thing about finishing my TBRs: I'm going to enter the "Oh-my-god-I-don't-have-anything-to-read !!!!" stage.  I'll get twitchy, cranky, wander aimlessly around the house with deep, mournful sighs, then go berserk and either order online or make a dash to Waterstones.  Yikes, I can feel the withdrawal symptoms starting already...I think my left eyebrow has just developed a nervous tic...gotta go...

No comments: