Daisies, River Forks Park, Roseburg, Oregon 2011

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

A cool Scottish thing...

I know it's 4 days past Halloween, but I have to mention this very cool thing about what happens here in Scotland. I don't know about the rest of Great Britain, but this is what they do here. 

When we got our Trick-or-Treaters, they did stuff to earn their treats..!! Seriously, it is one of the most entertaining things. A big group of kids came, maybe 10 or so, and one girl did this gymnastic flipping act, which apparently covered all the kids, because no one else did anything. Still, it was great. Then, there were the singing duo, who were adorable, but slightly off-key, and the kid who told a Knock, Knock joke. But, my most favorite of the whole night was this boy. with his violin, who played a Scottish jig. Honestly, standing on our porch, belting out this perfect Scottish jig, with no effort at all. I wanted to give him the whole bowl of candy, I was so impressed. 

Too bad Halloween kids in other parts of the world don't have this wonderful Scottish concept of actually earning what they are given.

No comments: