Daisies, River Forks Park, Roseburg, Oregon 2011

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Official Notice

I've just downloaded my novel to the NaNo website for the official word count, and I won with 55,818 words, and before the November 30th deadline. If you look off to the right there, you will see my winning web badge, plus I got a real certificate (printed on paper, not just to view online).

I also get to say, and mean it, that "I've been there, done that, and have the tee shirt to prove it."  The tee shirt will look just like the web badge...the one on the right there...yeah, that one...the one that says WINNER..!!!

This year there were 170,000 participants (highest number of people to date), and I have now joined the ranks of the less than 3% who have actually crossed the 50K finish line--though the exact percentage won't be known until after November 30th.

Okay, okay. Sorry, sorry. Bear with me a little. It's just my overwhelming sense of accomplishment that I've done this wondrous thing that's making the tooting of my own horn so loud. 

One more blast on the trumpet, then I'll shut up:  I DID IT...!!!

No comments: