Daisies, River Forks Park, Roseburg, Oregon 2011

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

November day...

I won't be posting too much this month as I'm working on a project.  And no, I won't talk about it.  If I don't accomplish my goal, you won't hear another word on the subject, so just never mind.  If I do accomplish my goal, you'll hear the shrieks.  So, now that I've said WAY more than I intended to, I will now share some cool photos I took last weekend.

This is a shot of the River Almond, down the hill from our house.  It was a bitter, cold Sunday, but with the winding river and Fall-colored trees, it made the walk bearable.




Further down the river, there is a calm, placid section, just before the water hits the Forth, and the sea.  The water was very still and the reflection was just incredible.  Rather than show any of the trees hanging over the water, I just concentrated on the reflection.  I love this photo.  At first it seems upside down, doesn't it..??




As you come out of the woods by the river, looking West up the Forth, off in the distance is Barnbougle Castle.  Alan and I talked to a guy, not too long ago, who knew the family many years ago.  Apparently, the only remaining family member is a 97-year old woman.  Her husband is gone, and both sons died in WWII.  She lives there alone.  Can you imagine..??



Every morning, as we finish our Ozzy walk, we take a break at the Cramond Kirk.  Ozzy gets his water and treats, and in the peace and quiet of the cemetery, Alan and I plan out the day, and believe me, sitting on a bench in a graveyard makes you very conscious of each passing moment..!!  Over time, 3 crows have latched on to us, waiting for Ozzy to finish his treats, then they swoop down and eat the crumbs.  This is the main one, who always arrives first.  The other two are usually behind us, on the Kirk roof, cawing for Ozzy to hurry up.



And, here's Wussy Boy.  I keep his "rain" towels over the radiator in the kitchen, so as soon as we get back from a walk, I can dry Ozzy off and he can't track crap all over the house.  By the time we get back from an hour walk, the towels are very warm and toasty. After a really cold walk, like it was Sunday, he just revels in the heat, collapses as soon as I throw the towel over him, and won't move.  It's pretty funny, really.  I don't know what His Highness will do if we ever move and don't have hot towels at his disposal.  Cripes.




That about does it for this post.  I'll be busy this month, but will try to blog here and there as the month goes along.

No comments: