Daisies, River Forks Park, Roseburg, Oregon 2011

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

DIY saga continues...

For those of you following the DIY Hell we've been going through lately, in particular the carpet issue, you will maybe remember that today was the day the carpet was to be delivered to the warehouse in Edinburgh, with carpet laying beginning in the first of our two rooms tomorrow.

When Alan called the carpet company this afternoon, to make sure all was on track, he was told the van with our carpet in it had broken down, and the carpet would most likely not be delivered to Edinburgh until sometime tomorrow. He was assured the carpet laying would still continue for tomorrow, though it would be late in the day.

I talk to my BFF in Idaho on Wednesdays. She immediately asked me about the carpet. I told her about the van breaking down. She howled with laughter, then said "Yeah, and the dog ate my homework." And that, my friends, just about sums it up.

I am hoping to post photos of the new carpet actually ON THE FRIGGING FLOOR tomorrow, but we will just have to wait and see. Sigh.

No comments: