Daisies, River Forks Park, Roseburg, Oregon 2011

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Sunny Sunday in Edinburgh

After a week of total crap weather, including two days with winds gusting up to 70mph, it was wonderful to wake up this morning to a glorious, sunny day. We took Ozzy for his usual walk, around 9:00am (no sleeping in on Sundays--or any days really--around our house, not with Bossy Boots).

___________________________________

Even with the tide out, you can see how still the water was this morning. It was so quiet, after the horrible winds, though there was definitely a chill in the air. And look at the sky. Not a cloud. It's days like this that I love living in Scotland.



Ozzy loves jumping up on the sea wall. I love how this photo came out.




The first glimmer of the leaves changing. We are climbing the hill, leading into the woods, which is halfway home at this point.



Hard to get the perspective here, but we've climbed way up the hill. With the tide out, you can't see much of the water, but wow, look at the sky. (Since we don't see much of the sky around here, I'm totally mesmerized when we do..!!)


Because it was so beautiful, when we got back from the walk, Alan and I decided to work in the garden. After pruning some roses, and taking out all the dessicated Sweet Peas, I picked some tomatoes for a salad.



That was an attempt at a fake out. Did you think they were nice, big tomatoes..?? Well, remember this is Scotland; with only 4 sunny days per year, tomatoes have a hard time. Here's what they really look like. And, yes, that's a teaspoon. Stop laughing...they still taste great even though they're small. OK, miniature. Shut up.




Nasturtiums are still growing, and look great. These are right at the front gate. I love the contrast with the gray stone walls.



And, last but not least: my work shoes. I love these shoes. I've had them for about 10 years, but sadly, in shoe years, they're about 387 years old and nearing the end of their days. The right big toe space is now worn through, they are spattered with paint, scuffed beyond any shoe polish help. Notice the left one is a different color..?? I was crawling on my hands and knees, painting the baseboard the other day and stuck my foot in the paint can lid. Then I had to use a scrub brush to remove the paint, which took off the top layer of leather. Oh well, I'm still not throwing them out. Clarks doesn't make this style anymore, so I'm doomed when these are totally wasted.

There's just nothing like a comfortable, perfect pair of old friends, is there..??


No comments: