Daisies, River Forks Park, Roseburg, Oregon 2011

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Two down, two to go...

We spent all day yesterday getting the den back together, though it's not quite right yet as some furniture from Room #3 (Gail's room) had to be put in there.  The front room is again a total mess, so much so I couldn't even bear to take a photo.  We took out two of the three bookcases and put them back into the den, but then filled up the space with all the crap we took out of Gail's room.  I was so frigging tired last night, I could hardly stand upright.  Honestly, is there anything worse than a pack rat man...???  And, good god, what's with the British Colonial weigh-more-than-a-rhino furniture...???  Ugh.  I'll need back surgery before this is over, no question.

Here's the den, just after the carpet was laid.  The room is now bright and airy, compared to the way it looked before.  Now, if we had just stayed with the original idea of "let's lighten up the den," says Alan weeks and weeks ago, instead of involving the whole blasted house, I could be sitting back today reading my book...sigh.



I know it seems like a carbon copy of the main bedroom, and basically the colors are the same, but that's the point: whatever goes in the rooms are the show, not the paint/carpet.  Though, I have to say, the photos aren't doing the colors justice here at all.  The rooms are not blah and/or as bland as they look in these shots.  Guess you have to see it in person.

So, today it was all the prep work on Room #3, and tomorrow we paint.  Unless I drop, or need that back surgery, or run off to the Outer Hebrides and change my identity.  If I never write on this blog again, you'll know one of the above has happened.

No comments: