Daisies, River Forks Park, Roseburg, Oregon 2011

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Maumee, Ohio

We left Clearfield, PA at 9:00am this morning in glorious sunshine. What a contrast to the misery of yesterday. Course, by 2:00pm this afternoon it was in the 80s and we were pretty hot, but who cares. It's SUMMER..!!  We got to Toledo around 3:30pm and found a Comfort Inn in a suburb called Maumee (mommy) that takes pets, so decided to stop early for the day and relax for a change.


Just to prove it really was sunny this morning.  And I promise to stop with these boring highway photos.  Still, look at that blue sky.  Wonderful..!!









The Allegheny River.  We were in Pennsylvania, but approaching Ohio.  I took the photo from the car, speeding along at 65mph, but it came out pretty good.









70mph...kinda hard to focus the camera.  Ohio is fairly boring; not much to see.  And the roads..??  Good grief, I haven't seen such terrible highways anywhere.








We have a perfect niche in the back seat for Ozzy.  His bed is on top of my largest suitcase so it's very stable and comfy.  This photo was taken yesterday, as you can tell by the rain lashing down the back windows.  I think he was catching up on his sleep from all the excitement and stress of Tuesday.  He basically slept through the entire wretched day.




Today, and a much more cheerful and bright-eyed boy, for sure.  I think he's doing okay, though earlier today he was eating grass and had diarrhea, but seems fine this afternoon.  Maybe that was the last dregs of his flying nightmare.








Tomorrow we head off to Chicago, about 230 miles from Toledo/Maumee. I will feel ever so much better when we are on the other side of it. That leaves the East behind us and only the Midwest to go before I am back in my comfort zone: The West. I have decided, as the navigator, that we may leave the I-80 and try US 20 for a change. I mean, really. America is so much more than trucks and speed on the turnpikes and freeways. After Chicago we'll give it a try and hopefully see the real America. It could be a big mistake, but what the heck. If you don't try, you'll never know. Stay tuned.

No comments: