Daisies, River Forks Park, Roseburg, Oregon 2011

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Making Progress...

We have nearly everything lined up for next Friday (July 30th) when we move into the new house. It's been nothing short of complicated and exhausting dealing with all the details, delivery schedules, and fine tuning, but I think we're as organized as we possibly can be, considering how much is now out of our control and in the hands of others. Yesterday we signed the papers, paid the money, and now own our house in the clouds.

I'm still feeling very surreal about things--like any day now the holiday will be over and we'll be getting back on that jet plane to come home. I'm going to have to change the format of my blog, too, because every time I sign in to post something, I'm looking at this:

The most glorious view of Edinburgh, the Firth of Forth, Arthur's Seat and the Salisbury Crags, taken from Inchcolm Abbey last year. It kills me.  

Then there are the moments:  The other day all I wanted was to go to Ocean Terminal and have a coffee at Costa and a slice of their luscious Lemon cake. It was painful. I really miss everything, and everybody. (Except for the airplanes flying over the house, of course.)

So, one of these days, very soon, be prepared for a totally new look on the blog. It will go along with the totally new life. The totally new life I will have to believe is real one of these days.

No comments: