Daisies, River Forks Park, Roseburg, Oregon 2011

Thursday, July 22, 2010

New Look

Here's the new, and hopefully improved, blog. Until I settle on a specific main photo, I think I will just follow the theme of my blog (meandering), and randomly change the picture as the mood strikes me. We are going on a day trip Monday to the Redwood Forest and I will surely want those majestic trees posted. In the Fall, Alan and I will head off to Crater Lake as well--after tourist season--so between trees, lakes, and our new house, stay tuned for some brilliant photos.

Besides the Redwoods, we are also going to take a little jaunt to this place called Shady Cove (about 20-25 miles from Grants Pass), where we have heard there is the best Mexican restaurant this side of the Rio Grande.

Oh, and here's a very cool thing.  Yesterday we stopped at this great antique store/trading post and Alan found me this adorable creature. It's handcarved from wood (duh), and I just love it.  It stands about 11" tall, and is that a great face, or what..??
This morning I finished all the final prep for moving: calling the water, garbage and electrical services, so now it's just a matter of waiting.  My least favorite thing to do.  Still, if we can do the Redwood drive and the Mexican drive, maybe the week will just fly by.  Right..??

No comments: