Daisies, River Forks Park, Roseburg, Oregon 2011

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

No Bears...Just Bliss

What an amazing cabin we found in the woods. Honestly, it was the most peaceful, serene place we could have possibly wished for...and then some. I took tons of photos, so be prepared to nod off at some point.

The first bunch of photos are of the drive from Grants Pass to the cabin. This is the "real Oregon" as we used to say in my younger days.
Then we began climbing into the mountains, which took about 45 minutes, before we got to Remote, and the cabin.  


The photos are self-explanatory, so I'll just post them before I get into some other photos of the scenery around the cabin.
 And now for the inside...we had no cell phone service, or internet access, though we had a really good HD satellite TV.
The back deck...
And the river view from the back deck...
The front porch...
The view from the front porch...
Random photos, taken over the three days.

The bed, at night.  And this was THE most comfortable bed I have ever slept in.  I wanted to buy this bed and take it away with us...
Morning coffee never tasted so good...
The Coquille River...at our doorstep...
Miscellaneous shots that caught my eye while walking Ozzy...
The kitschy lamps in the cabin...which were hilarious and wonderful.  The "wilderness" was definitely the theme, from the quilt, to the rugs, to these...
Sunday...having breakfast on the back deck, the sound of the river, and birds.  I looked up and saw this totally amazing sight.  Not wanting to disturb these two, I didn't get closer to them, but instead used my Macro lens.  It's hard to remain steady with a Macro, so the red on their heads looks a bit blurry.  Still.  How cool is it to see a pair of Woodpeckers over breakfast...??
With much regret, we left our little cabin and returned to Roseburg this afternoon.  It was a perfect mid-70s in the mountains, and a blistering 85* in Roseburg.  Ugh.  Ozzy and I want to go back.  Alan, for some reason, revels in the heat.  Go figure.

We met with Lu, our realtor, at the house, with the inspector at 3:00pm, and were relieved to find there is virtually nothing wrong with the house.  I was waiting for this inspection before I could believe the house was truly going to be ours.  Alan and I sat in the living room, amazed as always at the stunning views.  Ozzy conked out on the couch and acted like he'd lived there for years.

Tomorrow we head back down to Grants Pass to stay with my mother for a bit...where the temps are to be in the high 90s and low 100s.  Too hot for me.  Good grief.  I've just spent 10 years in Scotland, waiting for a decent Summer...!!  Because Mom doesn't have wireless for my laptop, I found an internet cafe in GP, though it's across town from her place.  This means my postings will probably be irregular for a few weeks.  Plus, the internet cafe is in a laundromat.  Seriously.  I have yet to try it out, though in the heat, I can't imagine sitting in a laundromat trying to write.  We'll see how it goes.

And yes, I already miss the cabin.  Sigh.

No comments: