Daisies, River Forks Park, Roseburg, Oregon 2011

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Saturday Miscellany

I'm back on line...and without having to go to the Internet Laundromat.  We realized yesterday that since I would have to get a router for my wireless laptop when we moved into the house, there was no reason not to purchase it now.  Alan set it up for me last night and we're good to go.  Yippee...

It's a blazing hot day in Grants Pass today...92* and climbing. We took Ozzy down the road from Mom's to a lovely park and just let him ramble in the shade and grass.  This park is just a 3-minute drive from my mother's house, though too long to walk in this heat, plus there are no sidewalks so we would have to bake Ozzy's little feet on the pavement.  And yes, I will confess: we have air conditioning in the car.  Shut up.  I don't care.  I've spent 10 years in Scotland and can't adjust to this heat in just a matter of days.

Schroeder Park...
The Rogue River...
I mentioned the other day that Alan and I bought Mom a garden bench for her birthday.  I took a photo of it, then forgot to post it.  It's the cutest thing.
We're going shopping for furniture next week as the people selling us the house have found their own to move into, and we may (crossed fingers) be able to get into our new house sooner than planned.  If we don't hurry up and get motivated, we'll be sleeping on the floor before we know it..!!  We heard from the shippers that our belongings won't even arrive in America until the 18th of August, then will have to survive a customs inspection before the container is trucked up to Roseburg.  Which means we might not have our stuff until September.  That's a far cry from the 6-8 weeks we were told.  Oh well, at least I'll be able to hang up my clothes in the closet and stop living out of a suitcase.  

Ozzy will be so pleased when those cases are put away.  He might just believe we have stopped moving and are settling down.  Maybe I'll believe it too...

No comments: