Daisies, River Forks Park, Roseburg, Oregon 2011

Thursday, August 5, 2010

House in the Clouds

Early this morning I took Ozzy out the back door to "do his thing."  As I came around the corner of the deck, I saw the most glorious sight:  The house was surrounded by clouds..!!  I've been sort of joking about our House in the Clouds, but honestly, this morning it really was floating above the clouds and mist.  There was just the barest hint of the mountains in the distance, but everything else was enveloped in the mist, except our closest trees and the house. 

I ran back inside to grab my camera, and in that 45 seconds, the mist was already dissipating.  As I took these few photos, it seemed to evaporate before my eyes.  Within 5 minutes, the skies were blue and there wasn't a wisp of mist or cloud to be seen.

You can actually see the mountains getting clearer as I snapped these pictures.  When I first rounded the corner of the deck, that clearing below wasn't visible at all.
If I had just gotten outside a few minutes earlier.  Drat.  Oh well, there will be other mornings, I'm sure.

No comments: