Daisies, River Forks Park, Roseburg, Oregon 2011

Friday, August 6, 2010

Ozzy's Nemesis

The mama deer and her twins were in the neighbor's garden this morning.  Thankfully, they stayed on the back slope and Ozzy couldn't see them.  I tried to get some shots of the twins, but one stayed in the shadows and Mama was very wary.  She could see me peering between the slats of the blinds and wasn't happy.  I waited and waited for her to forget about me, until finally she decided to ignore me and went back to eating the neighbor's flowers.
I accidentally moved the blinds to get a better angle.  I swear I didn't make a sound, but she still heard me.
Two seconds later, she was up the slope and rounding up the kids.
This last shot is very blurry.  I was hanging over the back of a chair, shoving my camera between the blinds again, to shoot as fast as I could before she herded the twins away.  I was really cranky the picture came out so bad, but you can still see one of the fawns next to Mama.
Nothing like Wildlife Safari, right in the backyard.

No comments: