Daisies, River Forks Park, Roseburg, Oregon 2011

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Ta Da...Day Six

Chris and Miguel finished the front porch and staircase today.  I absolutely love the new steps, and the larger deck, and having the configuration alongside the house rather than jutting like a behemoth into the front yard.  What I don't like are those bloody bowed railings.  UGH.  Chris, Miguel, Brian and Alan all agree that it looks really good.  I hesitate to say: What do they know..??  Hopefully, I will get used to living with Salvador Dali's railings.

This morning the work commenced as the guys worked down the staircase...
By early afternoon they were down to the last bit of hand rails and balustrades.
And...ta da...it's finished.  I have to say, I really love the look of this part of the steps.  Chris and Miguel did the best job.  I love how much wider the steps are, and the finish work is perfect.
Now comes the best part.  The BEFORE:
And the AFTER:
Really cool.  Now all Alan has to do is stain it (a natural stain to protect the wood, but not color it) and we're done.  It really is a beautiful staircase and front porch...it's just too bad about the Dali Effect.

No comments: