Daisies, River Forks Park, Roseburg, Oregon 2011

Monday, April 11, 2011

Moanday

What is it about this day..??  Years and years of getting up for school, then work..??  The start of a new week should be...what...invigorating, energizing, exciting..??  Why isn't Monday any of those things..??  Or maybe it's just me.  I have never, ever liked Mondays; the rest of the days don't bother me at all, though late on a Sunday afternoon the "oh crap tomorrow is Monday" mindset kicks in, which makes part of Sunday tainted by that nasty Monday.  I do think it's sort of weird, now that I don't have to go to school, or work for that matter, that Monday is still my least favorite of the seven.  Conditioned response, I'm sure.  I mean really, years upon years of school and work will pretty much ruin a Monday for all time.

The guys are here, bright and early this morning, raking and digging and doing who knows what.  I will be soooo glad to see their trucks drive away down the mountain for the last time.  They are really nice, hardworking guys, but enough already.  Once the landscaping is over, I'm taking a good long breather from workmen, projects and chaos.  I hope.

Here's something to occupy a minute or two of your time this morning.  Can you spot the kitty..??  I swear, I almost lost my eyesight trying to find it.  I enlarged the photo, shrunk the photo, stuck my nose nearly into my laptop screen...and still couldn't figure out where the cat could possibly be.  When you do spot it, it suddenly just jumps out at you, and you wonder how you couldn't see it.  Really cool...


Inexplicable Sign for the day.  This is a great, though scary, photo.  It took me a second to get it.  Then I wanted to pull my feet up onto my chair while I cringed in horror..!!   Move to the side of the road..??  I'd rather take my chances with a speeding vehicle.  And seriously people, would you really be walking along this bit of highway in the first place..??
 

On that note--and since it's fairly early in the day and I don't have anything noteworthy to post so far--I'm going to get on with things around the homestead.  Have a good Moanday folks...

No comments: