Daisies, River Forks Park, Roseburg, Oregon 2011

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Snow Day

Seriously.  Can you believe that..??  Woke up this morning to snow.  Now, granted, though everything was covered in white, it wasn't much more than an inch.  Still, I was pretty stunned when I got out of bed and opened the blinds.  This is April, right..??  Isn't that supposed to mean mild Spring rains, flowers, and all that stuff..??

By lunch time I had finished my assigned tasks outside: where to put the last of the plantings.  It was pretty grueling towards the end as I was running out of plants, and still had too much bare ground showing, but after I added a pile of rocks to a large bare area and placed plants between the gaps, that helped.  Besides, over time I will find other plants, rocks, things to fill in the bare ground spaces.

I think we are finally getting to the end of this whole landscaping ordeal project...and man, am I glad.  What was supposed to be about a six-week project has grown into ten and possibly eleven once it's all said and done.  I'm just tired of the mud and the dirt everywhere, the chaos and mayhem.  

In fact, I'm pretty much tired of everything these days.  It's been a very long, convoluted period if you go back to this time last year when we were just getting started on the whole relocation from the UK to the US, packing, moving, new house, etc., etc., blah, blah.  I need a vacation.  Somewhere there are no people, no workmen, no changes, upheavals, egocentric partners, bossy dogs, arguments, decisions, courthouses or jury duties.

This would work nicely...

No comments: