Daisies, River Forks Park, Roseburg, Oregon 2011

Monday, September 13, 2010

All Done

Today started out very overcast and pleasant. That meant it was "finish the deck" day. Of course, before I was even halfway through with my part of the staining, the sun came blasting out and nearly fried me before I finished. Ugh. Mid-80s today; I am so sick of sweating every time I do something.

Anyway, we managed to get the whole thing done by 1:30 or so this afternoon. Eureka..!! So, other than the landscaping and planting, we've managed to get the worst of the repairs/remodel done outside. Now, if that deck would just dry quickly so we can actually enjoy it before Winter sets in.

The shade sort of ruins the effect here, but on the part of the deck in the sunshine, you can see the beautiful color of the cedar.


A closer view, though still shadowed.


The steps down to the Path of Doom.


View from the back door, though this is really shadowed, so it's difficult to see how great the wood looks.


It's been a very busy six weeks, and I'm looking forward to having a break.  At some point.  Maybe after our stuff comes next week--and we've worked like crazy to get everything unpacked and put away--we can actually find some time for that elusive chill-out.  Maybe.

No comments: