Daisies, River Forks Park, Roseburg, Oregon 2011

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Nothing Much

We haven't done much today that's in the least bit interesting.  A trip to the bank to open a local account, another to the Social Security office to change my status, then a whirlwind trip to Costco.  (At least this time I resisted the urge to buy the King Kong-sized Cheetos, though did succumb to a box of candy bars.  I stashed them away for that time in the winter when I will be desperate for chocolate to chase away the gloom.)

Last night Ozzy was being the lapdog he is supposed to be--rather than the Rottweiler he thinks he is--and I managed to snap this great shot of him as he curled up beside me on the couch.


Course, then he was cranky that I'd flashed a light in his face, so he got down in disgust and went to sit on the other side of the room.

We got a call from the shipping people that our stuff is coming on Saturday..!!!!  OMG, I am so excited...!!!  It will be chaos and confusion, but at long, long last, we will have our belongings.  I will try to take photos of the mayhem, though no guarantees as I will also be directing the movers hither and yon.  With the house being so high up the ridge and off the street, I don't envy them this task.  No doubt we will end up being their least favorite people on the planet by the time they're finished.

And that's all, just a normal day for a change, including the blasted mid-80s heat.  It's cloudy and muggy today with possible thunderstorms tonight and tomorrow.  I don't care about the storms if it cools things down...like for 6 months or so.

No comments: