Daisies, River Forks Park, Roseburg, Oregon 2011

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Sunday Morning Traffic

It's been just a beehive of activity this morning on the mountain.  Honestly, we're going to need traffic signs pretty soon.

It started with these big honkers.  A family of Wild Turkey.  I was sitting here at the computer when out of the corner of my eye I saw this darting flash of something huge run down the road.  At first I thought it was a coyote or something.  I went to the back of the house to see this:


I'm not sure what they eat out in the wild, but it sure agrees with them.  Huge birds.


Next, I was sitting on the front porch, enjoying the view, when this guy sailed past.


Before I could even sit down after taking that shot, the Quail Clan showed up across the street.  I haven't seen the babies for about a week, and wow, have they grown..!!  There really must be good eats up here, for sure.  This is only a tiny few of the multitude in this family.


Here's another shot of more in the brush.  They almost look like big rocks.  Good camouflage.  And now they're almost as large as the mother (the darker bird on the left with white markings around her face.  You might have to click on the photo to see her better).


(Here's a shot I posted not too long ago...remember this one..??  They are really growing fast..!!)


Then, as if there hasn't been enough action this morning, I was inside the house, walking past the large window that looks out over the backyard, and saw one of the young deer inspecting the new fence.





Now where in blue blazes did this come from..??













How am I supposed to eat those yummy flowers over there with this thing in my way..??












Okay, all I need to do is figure out how to open this blasted gate.






I've gotta say: It's never dull.  I took these pictures between 9:30 and 10:15am this morning.  I'm telling you, it's practically gridlock around here.

No comments: