Daisies, River Forks Park, Roseburg, Oregon 2011

Friday, October 29, 2010

Friday Nature Walk

The rains have stopped, for the moment at least, which made for a really nice walk in the park with Ozzy this afternoon.  I have been waiting for a few days to get some photos of the changing trees, and managed to get some shots today, though the rain and winds had stripped several beautiful ones before I could take any pictures.  Oh well.  At least I got these...

We went to Stewart Park (the Central Park of Roseburg).  These trees are on the edge of one lot where we usually park the car.  We drink our coffee--usually at a picnic table--while Ozzy snacks on his treats, then we cross the street, toward that avenue of red trees, and start the hike.


The clouds chose the very instant I snapped this photo to cover the meager sunlight, making it a bit dark.


Sun came back out, brightening everything.  I love the deep red color.  Nature is astounding.


Part of our walk meanders alongside the golf course.  These two trees would totally distract me if I were trying to golf.  They look so vibrant against the darker evergreens.



This is our turnaround point.  Across the next street is a kids playground area, a long, steep slope, then the Umpqua River.  We don't go that far usually because a) screaming kids, and b) teenagers making out.  (Now, don't get me wrong.  I did my fair share of making out in my youth.  I just didn't do it in broad daylight, in front of anyone taking a bloody afternoon walk..!!  Honestly, kids today...)


Headed back to the car.  The tree on the right--a few days ago--was absolutely brilliant red, and laden with leaves.  Now it's looking a bit sparse after the rains and wind.  (Lovely golf carts in the background.)


Closer shot...minus the carts.


I just love the amazing variety of colors.  These would make a dynamite lipstick, or fingernail polish, wouldn't they..??


Back at the car, ready to drive home, the Nature Walk over...at least for today.  I love Fall.  (And yes, I capitalized it on purpose.  It's a word filled with beauty, dazzling colors and natural wonder.  It deserves to be capitalized.)


No comments: