Daisies, River Forks Park, Roseburg, Oregon 2011

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Not Much...

...going on today, other than rearranging Alan's space to make room for his new computer desk and bookcase, which will be delivered tomorrow and should look really cool.  

Then we took out this very ugly configuration of outside lights...I think there were about ten of them wandering stupidly around the yard.  Even though we had disconnected the main electric line from the string of wires, there's always that one scary Darwin Awards moment where you wonder if the person cutting through the wires is going to idiotically spark into oblivion.  Luckily, we did our job correctly and all is well, and the crappy lights are now in the trash and out of the front yard.  

This afternoon we took Oz to River Forks park, and had a great time in the perfect 70s temps, watching him run with wild abandon through the grass.  When we got back home it was very warm in the house, so I propped the front door open with his doggy catch-all basket (leash, harness, poop bags).  I had an old pair of leather gloves in the bottom of the basket, which he snagged when I wasn't looking.  Alan and I were out dinking in the garden when I realized Oz was diligently digging a hole to China under the deck.  As soon as he saw me watching him, he grabbed the gloves and ran off to find another secret burial ground.  I will now have to figure out where he stashed them, though it's a good thing they were an old ratty pair because I just might never see them again.

Mom sent me an email today with photos of human figures painted into flowers.  It was very cool, though I couldn't for the life of me figure out who had done the work.  There was a website (sort of) printed on the photos, but when I tried to go there, it turned out to be totally not related to the art.  Below is just one of them...in my mind, a Scottish Thistle.  I couldn't get the photo any larger without distorting it, but if you look closely, you might be able to see that it's made from painted women.


I signed up for NaNo yesterday, and the butterflies began immediately.  I'm not sure if it will be harder, or easier this year.  I'm committed to write Book Two, rather than coming up with a whole new story, and I can't decide if that's a good thing, or a spectacular mistake.  My sister is almost done reading Book One, and loves the characters and the plot (her words...and without thumbscrews to get that response), so I'm encouraged that my writing isn't total crap.  Now, can I continue the adventure with the next book, weaving threads from one to the other...??  November is looming, so I guess I'll find out soon enough.

Basically, it's just been an "ordinary day in the life" today.  I will sign off with this most adorable photo.  I've been saving this one, for the right moment, and since I don't have anything really noteworthy to blog about this Wednesday, maybe that makes this the right moment.

Courtesy of Amolife

No comments: