Daisies, River Forks Park, Roseburg, Oregon 2011

Friday, October 22, 2010

Rewind

Since my last real post was Tuesday when I said we were meeting with the paint contractor on Wednesday morning, I'm going to backtrack a bit.

Rick, the contractor, came bright and early Wednesday morning, we told him what we wanted, he did the measuring and figuring, then sat in his truck with his computer and in 20 minutes gave us an estimate.  Which, I have to say, is the least expensive thing we've tackled since we arrived in America.  Natch, we told him to go ahead.  And were pretty amazed when he said he'd have the crew at the house on Thursday morning.  He's a really nice guy, and yet again, by accident and good fortune, we found another excellent local contractor.

Course, the next thing to do was decide what colors to paint the house.  And I have been struggling with that dilemma ever since.  Rick gave me about 10,000 color charts that I have been pouring over, and Alan and I have driven all around town looking at other house colors, but damn if I can find the colors I have in my mind.  It really is crucial to do this right as once the house is painted, there's not much you can do about it except live with your choices.

Today the guys spent most of the day working on the garage floor that Alan wants sealed and painted.  The weather was pretty dicey, so after they did some prep work on the house, they concentrated on the garage.  Which was a good thing.  The faster they finish the prep work, the less time I have to pick the paint colors.
 
I feel under the gun, too--in getting things organized and/or decided--since I only have a little over a week before NaNo starts.  And I haven't gotten too far in rereading the first book so I can smoothly reenter the plot of the second book, plus I have to make a few corrections in the first one which I don't have time for, and now won't until after November.  Arrgghh.

The weather has taken a definite dive, and the weekend promises to be really stormy, so with any luck I will finally make a decision on the frigging house colors, which will free my mind so I can get back into my story.  Sounds like a plan, doesn't it..??  Uh huh.

No comments: