Daisies, River Forks Park, Roseburg, Oregon 2011

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Tired and Cranky

What else is new..??  I think I've been tired and cranky for weeks now, and I swear, I am totally finished with WORK, the new four-letter word.  It seems like this fine-tuning crap is never going to end.  

Thursday we worked on Alan's new desk/bookcase, which for some reason took most of the frigging day--our anniversary, I might add.  And what did we do, besides work..??  Did we go out for a lovely meal, have a long weekend at the coast, fly to Italy..??  Of course not.  We were too busy working, so ended up getting take-out at the burger joint down the mountain.

Friday was more of the same.  Every day starts with me saying: "Okay, I'm not doing any more work.  I need some time for myself, to do things I want to do."  Alan agrees, then somehow, mysteriously, it never happens.  We had a landscaping guy come to give us some ideas on the wretched yard.  He was pretty impressed with the Path of Doom.  We talked about plants the deer won't eat, though mostly that doesn't include flowers...sigh.  Since he's a designer, and local to the area, he knows exactly what the deer will and won't devour.  His visit took a couple of hours, then it was grocery shopping, the Ozzy walk, more shifting and shuffling of things, dinner at 8:00pm, then before I could draw breath, the day was over.  

Part of Friday was also taken up by problems with Alan's British computer, which frankly, we should have left in Scotland.  He bought a transformer the other day, made for converting the electrical current from British to American, and specifically for computers.  Chaos ensued for ages as he/me/we struggled to figure out why everything worked except the internet.  He has the printer, all the computer functions, just not the internet.  What he didn't factor into the equation is our entire system is wireless.  Which means his computer--plugged into the transformer--can't be plugged into the wireless system in our wall sockets.  This would be known in cyberspace as an epic FAIL. 

Notice in the photo below that now, besides his whole computer set-up, he has my old laptop--the only way he has internet access.  This is a very crappy photo as it just shows one corner of the room.  It's really cool to see the "big picture."  Speaking of big picture, his TV looks enormous as I'm standing closer to it than anything else.  In real life, it fits on his bookcase just perfectly.


After the computer/internet fiasco, I finally go to bed and dream of what wonderful, non-working things I'm going to do on Saturday.  Then Ozzy had a wig-out about half an hour after we went to bed and had to go out several times, keeping us up well past midnight...for no apparent reason, other than he wanted to take a middle-of-the-night stroll.  He is still having such a hard time adjusting to this place.  He gets stressed, his stomach gets upset, which leads to eating grass and/or taking midnight walks (probably looking for an escape route out of the wilderness).  I tried to get him to eat some plain yogurt--which settles dog tummies--but he wasn't having it.

So.  Today, yet again, I made an attempt at doing absolutely nothing.  Ha.  First thing this morning I made chili in the crock pot so I wouldn't have to fuss with dinner tonight, picked out a book to read (which is still laying beside the bed, untouched), and damn if we didn't spend another bloody day working.  I just can't believe there is this much stuff to do, day after day..!!  It's now 7:30pm, the cornbread is in the oven, chili is ready, and I will need help to lift the freaking spoon to my mouth.  Or, maybe I could just fall, face-first, into the bowl...that would take much less effort.

*************************************************************

Here's a cool shot of a basket of plants I have in my bathroom.  And, yes, I have my own bathroom, with a toilet seat that is always down, and no...ah...dribs and drabs anywhere.  What a girlie luxury.


I also couldn't resist taking a photo of our two motorcycles.  I love these.  We bought them a couple years ago in Edinburgh and they're two of my favorite things.  They're made of metal, though have rubber tires and leather handlebar thingies.  It's amazing metalwork, with all the motor, parts, spokes, etc.

1922 Harley Indian


Easy Rider


*************************************************************

So, enough with the tired and cranky.  I am so, so seriously taking tomorrow off.  My addiction has not been satisfied in weeks, if not months: reading...!!!  It's supposed to rain, which suits me fine.  Nothing like a rainy Sunday with a good book.  We'll see how that plan works out for me.

No comments: