Daisies, River Forks Park, Roseburg, Oregon 2011

Monday, February 7, 2011

Choices

For some reason today, there were a plethora of videos on the internet.  I spent the morning sifting through several, trying to decide which ones to post on the blog.  Some of the best were adverts from yesterday's Super Bowl Sunday, so I just selected one as I figure most of the civilized world--at least in America--was watching the Big Game.  (Apparently I'm not civilized because I couldn't be bothered.)

Anyway.  Here's the first of the three I chose.  To really get all the words in the song, you'll want your sound up, though if you're at work, use your own judgment...or wait until no one's around.  Pam can definitely belt out this tune and you don't want to miss what she's singing...it's really funny, and so, so true.


This is a Super Bowl commercial.  I love the play on words: karma vs carma.


And then there's this one.  It's beautiful, poignant, and true.  As in a true story, of five old men in Taiwan.  I loved this video so much, even though it made me shed a tear or two.  The subtitles are short, so don't be put off.


***********************************************

The guys are here this morning building the stone wall out front.  I will hopefully have some photos to post later of their progress.  Frankly, it's backbreaking work and I'm really glad I'm not out there, hoisting and pounding and sweating.  I'd much rather be inside, on this cloudy crappy Monday, watching cool videos.

No comments: