Daisies, River Forks Park, Roseburg, Oregon 2011

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Saturday at the Park

We took the dogs to River Forks Park, outside Roseburg, this afternoon.  We've been going there all week, mainly because it's quiet, but also because it gives the dogs (and us) a truly nice, long walk.  It didn't hurt that today it's 66* and the breeze feels like the tropics.  I took my camera for a change, so here's a short video of one area of the park along the Umpqua River.


Those funny little teepee things are for the children, presumably for when they get inspired to play Cowboys and Indians.  And as usual, Alan has either his head or his butt in my pictures...in this case, both.  You can see Max a bit better, though he wasn't happy with the camera earlier when I took the photo below.

Winter has its own stark beauty, doesn't it..?


He dashed under the bench, between Alan's legs--where we were sitting to admire the view--and wouldn't come out until I hid the camera under my sweatshirt.  Poor wee thing.  Alan thinks maybe someone took a picture of him with a flash, and it traumatized him.  Course, we'll never know; I just hope that over time he'll calm down and get used to it.

That pretty much takes care of Saturday. I'm going to have some cookies and coffee now, then spend the rest of the afternoon reading my latest, most excellent, book.

No comments: