Daisies, River Forks Park, Roseburg, Oregon 2011

Friday, February 4, 2011

Stuff for Friday




I thought I would post a time-wasting Coffee Break this morning to help your Friday go a bit faster, and perhaps give you a little kickstart for your weekend...





 
The first item should really be a post for a Monday morning.  This is a very funny video of Foozie, who just does NOT want to wake up from that nap.  I can identify with that...



The Inexplicable Sign of the Week--this one from Clearwater, FL--isn't actually hard to understand.  Though...does it make any sense really..??  Are men being warned that a wave could moosh their...ah...manly bits..??  Shouldn't they know that already without a large sign..??


This is good.  Apparently a child drew this picture of her mother at work.  Unfortunately, it looks so much like the mother is getting paid to pole dance, the mother felt compelled to explain it to the teacher.  (Click on the drawing to make it larger if you can't read it properly.)

Via Oddee

And last but not least, here's an interesting educational tidbit.  I am, and always will be, a tree hugger, so when I find exotic or amazing trees, I have to share.  This is a very cool tree called the Cannonball Tree; you would have to be extremely careful to stand underneath it.  Follow the link to see more photos, including the tree's beautiful flowers.

Via Kurio

That's all I've got for the Coffee Break today.  Have a good weekend everybody...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, as a stupid engineer, the groin sign makes perfect sense. It is actually more often spelled groyne so as not to make the oft confusion. They are also called wing dams and many other things and are used to interrupt currents, flow, tides, etc. to prevent sediments from collecting or, in reverse, erosion. It's a funny sign though and I'll be not one in one hundred get it.

terlee said...

OMG. You mean it's sort of like a gabion-like deal, but relative to the tides..?? Too, too funny.

Though now I have to apologize to Alan as he told me earlier today that in Britain it's spelled groyne and I scoffed, then said, "You're in America now buddy and we spell it groin." Damn...