Daisies, River Forks Park, Roseburg, Oregon 2011

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Tuesday Dash

I have lots of different things to share today, scooped up in my fishing net over the past few days.  We have to dash out and walk the dogs early--because a Sears repair man is coming sometime this afternoon about the brand new dishwasher--so I'm short on time this morning.

***********************************************

An artist named Kumi Yamashita does this amazing thing with paper and shadows.  She shows her work in galleries all over the world.  I loved this piece.  Just random bits of paper on a wall, and then the shadow faces appear.


Twice a year, Manta Rays migrate from the Yucatan Peninsula, in Mexico, to Florida...then back again.  They do this in the thousands; as in an estimated 10,000.  When I first glanced at this photo, I thought it was ivy leaves floating in water.  Amazingly beautiful.


Two humorous things now.  First, here's something I'm sure we can all identify with:  the helpful Microsoft technical support guy.  This totally cracked me up.  And explains a lot.


To finish--and I'm running out of time now so have to hurry--I thought this was hilarious.  Honestly, dogs are the funniest things, aren't they..??

No comments: