Daisies, River Forks Park, Roseburg, Oregon 2011

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Mid Week

The small wall up the driveway has been (more or less) finished this morning.  I think it will look okay, once the path in the front yard is done. 

I don't like how the main wall has been finished, but the end result--regardless of my input--is fine with Alan and the guys.  They had already made up their minds what they were going to do before asking for my token opinion, and the thing is...??  I have way too much knowledge and experience to be treated like a moron, or the clueless little woman.  So.  I have stepped away from the landscape project and will leave them to do whatever.  I'll be the official photographer from now on; I think that will suit much better.

The small wall, enclosing the corner.  It will not go any further up the driveway; it's just a corner finish thing.  Apparently the path--along the front towards the back deck--will start about where this wall ends.  You can sort of see that in the bottom photo.

 

The weather yesterday walking the dogs was fairly good, though just as we got back to the car, the rain came down in buckets.  It was great to have timed that just right, for a change.  The next couple of weeks are supposed to be very unstable in the weather around here.  I don't know if it's normal in southern Oregon, to have snow, rain, wind in February...though, it is still Winter, after all.

And speaking of dogs and walks and weather...it's time for the afternoon Swamp Walk.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the wall a lot. The color when wet is darker and more dramatic than dry. Very pretty. In my opinion (and you know what they say about those), would have been to have gone a couple of stones horizontal before making a step up. I still like it very much and when it's all backfilled, planted and barkdusted you will too. The guys are doing a beautiful job!

terlee said...

Anything is better than how it looked before.