Daisies, River Forks Park, Roseburg, Oregon 2011

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Just a Tuesday...

Another day, another I've got nothing...

It's not that there aren't a plethora of things going on in the world: Japan, Libya, war, murder, mayhem; it's just that I don't want to talk about it, dwell on it, or wallow in the negativity that is our world these days.


So, when I say I've got nothing, it means I'm struggling to find something positive, uplifting, joyful, or at the very least something to give me just a tiny glimmer of a smile, a wee upward curve at the corner of my sneering lip, a lessening in the now-permanent furrow on my brow.  Sigh...it's bloody depressing some days, isn't it..??




***********************************************************

The landscaping in the backyard is beyond my comprehension at the moment.  They have jackhammered most of area I was going to use for my planting ground.  There is this lovely, very small, secluded spot, almost under the back deck that is private and not overlooked by the neighbor's looming house.  I had visions of a small piazza, with a bistro table, my book, a gentle Summer's breeze, as the dogs lounged in their newly grassed backyard.  Now there is barely enough of the bedrock and/or dirt area left to plant a dandelion, let alone have the space I was envisioning.  I just don't get it, really I don't.

For now, I'm just trying to keep my sanity...and avoid this:




************************************************************

Here's something oddly cool.  Next time your power goes out, and you can't find the flashlight or any candles...try this.  Course, if you can't find the flashlight, you probably won't be able to find a nail, hammer or string either, but whatever.  This was interesting and you just never know when you might need a fishy smelling lamp-like...ah...oily thing.


***********************************************************

Okay, this video, of a Corgi breaking the law on a golf course, actually wiped the sneer off my face this morning.  What wild abandon and sheer joy really mean...


1 comment:

LindaSalem said...

That was really fun. Believe me, I needed to wipe the sneer of my lip too. So much I need to be doing and all I'm really doing is nursing a cold with Nyquil - lol. Thanks again. Loved seeing the dog just enjoying the heck out of the world at the moment.