Daisies, River Forks Park, Roseburg, Oregon 2011

Monday, March 7, 2011

Yawn...Another Monday

For the first time since November, Ozzy had everyone up in the night.  I don't have a clue what's going on, but the rumbles and noises from his stomach could have been heard from outer space.  As he hasn't eaten anything except the special gastrointestinal food, I truly don't know what's suddenly gone awry with him.  At around 6:30 this morning, Alan took him outside (again), and let him out of the yard and into the clearing next to the house so he could eat grass.  I know, I know, we're not supposed to let him do that, but after an all-nighter--and the only way to calm his stomach--we had no choice really; it's not like I can give him Tums or Pepto.  After 20 minutes, and half the hillside's worth of grass, he threw it all up, calmly came back into the house, and has been sleeping ever since.  Poor wee boy.


Great way to start a Monday:  worried Ozzy's having a pancreatitis attack when we thought that was over for good, and bleary-eyed from sleep deprivation.

************************************************

Last night we had a most beautiful sunset.  The weather's been fairly warm, though rainy and windy.  We've had some Swamp Walks with the dogs, no question, but you can tell the truly wintry weather is gone...or pretty much going.

Both shots from the front deck...




The colors covered the whole sky, clear across the valley, though I only took these photos at the point where the sun actually set.  It was very vivid and lush, like fiery cotton candy.

*************************************************

A few minutes ago Alan asked me to come look at the squirrel hanging from the neighbor's bird feeder.  What industrious creatures they are--nothing is too difficult if it involves getting some food.  He hung there for ages, munching away at the seed, not the least bit bothered to be eating upside down.



************************************************

I had a long chat with Morag, my friend in Edinburgh, yesterday.  It was great to catch up on the old neighborhood's news, though I wish some of it had been better.  Still, even with the homesickness every time we talk, it's good.  Next Saturday is the Kirk Jumble Sale (see Meandering photo above), one of my most favorite things in the world.  If I could, I would book a flight so I could be there, bright and early, on Saturday morning.  For the past several years, I worked at the Sale, and had such a great time...to say nothing of getting first crack at all the amazing bargains before the doors opened.  Sigh...I will be so sorry to miss it this year.

************************************************

Okay, now I'm not only tired from lack of sleep, but sad and depressed, so will finish this and get on with the day.  It can only get better from here...right...??  Right...????

No comments: