Daisies, River Forks Park, Roseburg, Oregon 2011

Monday, March 14, 2011

Yep, It's Monday...

It was a semi-eventful weekend, starting with Daylight Savings, which I totally forgot about so my time has been off since I got up Sunday.  It takes me about two weeks to adjust to the time change, in either direction, though the Spring Forward one does the most mental damage.  And every year I have to question why...??  Why, why why...??  There truly is no point to this any longer.  It doesn't benefit the school children, the farmers, or any soldiers from World War I when this sorry business started.

Yesterday we experienced the worst storm since we've moved to southern Oregon.  The house was actually shaking, from the wind and the thunder.  Seriously.  The thunder was so intense, the building was quaking with the rumbles.  As was Ozzy.  He doesn't do fireworks or thunder, and he was especially not happy with the house rocking under his feet.  Poor wee boy.  He spent a good portion of the storm buried in my armpit.  Max, on the other hand, could have cared less.  He was more concerned that Ozzy was getting all the loves and attention.

I tried to take some photos--through the windows as I would have ruined the camera if I'd tried to go outside.  They're not great, but maybe you can get the idea.

We could see it coming from across the valley.  Suddenly, the mountains disappeared, then the valley below, then this solid mass of rain and wind slammed right into our ridge on it's way over the mountain to Roseburg....


The view through the front windows.  Too bad I couldn't take a video...the howling wind and lashing rain were one thing, but add in the bolts of lightning and Thor's thunder, and wow, it was a great storm.


Here's our own Little Muddy as our soil runs out of our front yard and down the bank.  Good thing we haven't gotten our top soil delivered yet...


We have to take the dogs to the park earlier than usual today as my mother will be here around lunch time.  She's been visiting my sister in Vancouver and is stopping by on her way back down to Grants Pass.  The whole of the Northwest got hammered with the storm yesterday, including Mom and Sis as they were driving on the freeway--the worst scenario when driving: zero visibility, torrential rains, etc.  Thankfully, today is cloudy, though warm and not raining, so Mom should have an easy trip.

Landscape guys are already toiling away, in the process of joining the top landing to the back deck area.  That will be a great thing:  To be able to walk right from the driveway, up the slope and around to the back.  Very cool.

So, in light of Mom coming, best get on with things so she doesn't have to hang with the landscape crew because we haven't returned from walkies.  Besides, Scott (bro-in-law) made more of his Biscotti and is sending some down with Mom...woo hoo.  This batch is supposed to be his best yet and my mouth is just watering. What if I'm not here to give Mom some lunch...??  She will eat my Biscotti...!!

Must go.  No time to dawdle...

No comments: