Daisies, River Forks Park, Roseburg, Oregon 2011

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Scummindooninbuckets

Just a wee bit of Scots Speak to kick off the day...though the above is more Glasgow than Edinburgh.  Still it's Scottish and I'm having one of those days where I want to tap my ruby red slippers together and go back...right this heel-clicking minute.

Ah well, back to the buckets of rain.  Another wave of monsoons is sweeping over the mountains this morning, including a really violent surge up and over our ridge.  It was pretty exciting for a time with whipping winds and torrential rain, making me very glad to be inside, and not out in the backyard trying to landscape.

My view out the study where I'm sitting this minute...as water pours down the window.


Different angle, same effect.  Somewhere out there is Roseburg, lost under the deluge.


***********************************************************

This is a pretty amazing cat video.  Not because the cat does anything other than be a cat, but because it's truly astounding how cats can fit themselves into the smallest of spaces...and still think it's fun.  Towards the end there, I wasn't sure the cat still had its head attached...!!


***********************************************
 
It seems to be a cat day, today. 
 
How cute is this..??  And how clever of the cat owner to see the similarity with the top photo as kittens, and the bottom as adults.  I love this...and the "friends through thick and thin" part...aahhhhh...
 
 
***********************************************************

I've sort of dawdled this morning, and now it's time to take the dogs for their walkies.  It has stopped raining--at the moment--so should take advantage of that.  Maybe I'll do another post later today since I'm being rushed out the door before I was finished writing...dammit.
 
(Yes, yes, I hear you, Ozzy..!!  Stop shouting...!!  I know it's time for your walk...) 
 
Buggers and bossy little dogs...

No comments: