Daisies, River Forks Park, Roseburg, Oregon 2011

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Will Power

A lovely, warm Wednesday morning...so far.  There are lots of clouds, but they're more the big fluffy kind, rather than the dreary rain kind.  The landscape guys are cracking on with the steps and after yesterday's muck, today must seem like a dream.  Later today I will post some photos of their progress, though Matthew has decided to do all the 'hard' landscaping--including the backyard--before getting the new topsoil delivered, which means it will continue to look muddy and meaningless for awhile longer.  The steps are looking good with their new capping stones, and when the other stones are placed in the longer walkway sections, it should be cool.  In theory.  I hope.

*******************************************

After revealing the No Smoking deal in yesterday's post, I got an encouraging note from my bro-in-law, who quit smoking nearly two years ago.  I know it's all for the best, and really, I do feel better, even after just these few weeks.  It's just....well....I really, really liked smoking..!!  Unless you've done it, you can't understand what I mean when I say that.  Forget the smell, the lung issues, the nasty habit of it all.  It's just somehow relaxing, and enjoyable, and without the comfort of smoking, I look and feel like this ol' bruiser of a cat.  And buggers.  How much do I want to rush to the store...buy a pack of smokes, rip into that pack, light up and...aargghhgh.  


[Okay, okay.  Deep breath...in, out.  Keep the goal in sight.  Remember: You should be damn glad you can even take a deep breath right now..!!  Grab a Tootsie Pop...calm down.  Will power, woman.  You don't smoke.  You don't smoke.  You don't smoke.]

***********************************************

Here's a good Inexplicable Sign.  And wow...how big are the mosquitoes in this place, wherever this place is..??  I really can't figure this one.  Surely they can't be warning that the bugs are so huge, they can actually carry you off..??

Via DRB

Since I may post again later today with an update on the front landscaping, I'll finish this one with the funniest photo of this wee boy.  I got this in an email from my friend Morag in Scotland this morning, and just cracked up at this picture.  Too adorable...and talk about goose down...

No comments: