Daisies, River Forks Park, Roseburg, Oregon 2011

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Bluster...

I didn't post the landscaping photos yesterday as expected.  I took several shots after the crew left late in the afternoon, then we walked the dogs down to the mail box at the end of our road, and I had every intention of doing the blog when we got back.  

Unfortunately, I got a bit of mail--from the frigging court system--which blew my plans right out of my mind.  I received a terse postcard that said, "You are NOT excused."  So much for my writing skills, and/or my ability to persuade.  I am forced to comply with this summons, and spend the month of April tangled in judiciary crapola.  I won't go into my feelings (again) about this.  I have to do it--though it galls me on so many levels--unless, of course, I really want to waste more of my time by sitting in a jail cell.  Comes out the same, doesn't it..??  On one hand sit in a courtroom for a month, on the other sit in a jail cell for a month.  Loss of liberty no matter how you look at it.  Buggers.

Due to ranting and raving, and a (failed) attempt at attittude adjustment, I never got around to the blog.

************************************************************

So.  New day, with yesterday's photos...

Looking up the path.  It's hard to get the drift from this angle.  I'm standing about two lengths up the walkway here.


Now I'm nearly to the top of the yard, looking back down.  You can see the curvature of the path, but again, with all the dirt/mud and no depth perspective, it's sort of hard to see what's happening here.


Top of the walkway, just at the corner where it heads toward the back deck.  You can really see how steep the slope still is, even after the leveling and tearing up of ground.  Nothing like living up a mountain, huh..??


At the same place where I was standing to take the photo above, I turned to take this shot where the front yard path will end at the back deck steps--notice wheel barrow in both pictures.  This was the stopping point yesterday...obviously.


In the midst of the chaos and mayhem...daffodils bloom


I love the contrast between that wicked looking blade, the muck, and the beauty of the flowers against the tree...


We had monsoon rains that started during the night, to the point that this morning we had our own Big Muddy** running out of the front yard, across the road and down the mountain.  I would have taken a photo, but it was raining too hard for me to even take the camera outside.

**[The Big Muddy, for those who don't know, is the Missouri River.  Back in the old days, the pioneers used to say:  "It's too thick to drink and too thin to plow."]

Anyway.  The front is just a morass of mud, deep puddles, and big clods of dirt.  The crew is here today doing the stonework on the path.  I don't envy them this task; they definitely have their work cut out for them today, with the added thrill of battling the elements.

All I have to do is slog through a swamp to take the dogs on their afternoon walk.

No comments: