Daisies, River Forks Park, Roseburg, Oregon 2011

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Not Much...

Stormy, stormy, stormy Tuesday.  Another wet walk with the dogs.  March will slog into April in a few days...and April is always about rain.  Though, when all is said and done, rain is truly why any of us live in the Northwest: we love the green, green hills and valleys, trees and landscapes...all due to the rain.  I'm absolutely positive the reason I felt instantly at home in Scotland was for that very reason: the rain, which brings the myriad greens to life.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Today starts Week Seven of no smoking.  It's amazing really.  Even though I feel ever so much better, not a day goes by that I don't have a...let's see, what's a polite word for it...hmmm.  Okay.  At some point, every single day, I have a moment where I would mow down a flock of school children to have a smoke.  Thankfully, I resist the urge to do any mowing or smoking.  It helps a great deal that we aren't around anyone who smokes, and rarely encounter a smoker when we're out and about.  I'm beginning to think Alan and I were the last two people in Oregon who were still lighting up.  Now we've become two of those self-righteous non-smokers we used to blow smoke rings at.  Sad, but true...

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Here's a laugh for the day.  These twins, 17 months old, are having the most involved conversation.  It makes perfect sense to them, as you can see.  I think, as an outside observer, it has something to do with a missing sock.  Very cute, and I have no doubt in my mind, they understand what each other is saying...


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

ABC and People magazine did an online poll for the all time Best in Film.   There were 15 categories (Best Movie, Best Comedy, Best Action, etc.), and only films in the English-speaking language.  Over 500,000 people voted.  I was surprised at a few of the winners, not so surprised at others.  

For Best Movie, I would think it a toss-up between Gone with the Wind or To Kill a Mockingbird, though only the winners are posted, not the runners-up.  Interesting to see which films took the honors.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Had to go grocery shopping this morning, then take the dogs walking, have lunch, blah, blah, so I'm pretty behind on some stuff I didn't finish yesterday.  Because of the damn frigging crap jury duty obligation starting Friday, I'm trying to get organized, just in case the worst case scenario happens (i.e. I actually get stuck on a jury), so best get on with what's left of the day.

It's such a dreary Tuesday though, maybe I'll just go make brownies instead.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know it's tough, but I'm proud of you both! No consolation whatsoever, but don't you have just a wee bit of a superior feeling for having done it? I always liked the freedom of not having to worry about where the next smoke was coming from if I ran out at night, or remembering to keep a lighter with me at ALL times. You're doing great. Don't you just love the Suck-O-Meter commercials?

Well, I emailed Todd today with our offer. Scary!

terlee said...

Holy crap..!! You emailed Todd..?? My stomach is rolling on your behalf.

Yeah, I guess it's marginally sneer-worthy to be an ex-smoker, though the bloody constant struggle is getting old. And my teeth will no doubt fall out soon thanks to all the Tootsie Pops I've been forced to eat to sublimate the urges. (How long can one person suck on a lollipop stick..?? For hours..!!!!)