Daisies, River Forks Park, Roseburg, Oregon 2011

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Gloomy Wednesday

Yesterday afternoon turned out just beautiful, with warm sunshine and those big fluffy clouds that look like cotton balls, or dragons, or sheep, or whatever your imagination decides.  It was great to walk the dogs without slogging through mud, or getting drenched in the Spring rains.  

Today is not quite so good.  It's been dark and overcast all morning...


...the kind of day where you really wish the dogs didn't need a long walk every afternoon.  Oh well.  It makes it doubly nice to get home, peel off the wet clothes, make some coffee and snuggle down with a book.

And have a piece of this delicious Pear Tart.  Whilst at Costco on Monday, I couldn't resist a small flat of pears.  I love a good pear, and will eat the ones remaining, but my intent was to make this tart--recipe from my Mom.  It's a very rustic, peasant-like tart, easy to make, and yummy.  I know, I know...I got a little carried away with the glaze--so sue me, I just wanted to make sure I had plenty to cover the whole tart.  (My story, sticking to it.)



**********************************************************

Here's my wee boy, on the rug with a couple of toys.  He looked so calm and sweet, I just couldn't help snapping this picture, though if you look closely, you can see how his fur is growing back all fuzzy and pointy and wrong.  I sent a photo--right after his scalping--to the two guys in Edinburgh who have groomed him for years.  I got a reply the other day...and man, they were outraged on Ozzy's behalf.  They took such care with him, and he always looked so handsome and smart.  Now the poor wee thing looks like a badly mauled stuffed toy.


***********************************************************

Speaking of dogs, and walks, it's about that time so I'll leave you with this:

Terje Sorgjerd – a landscape photographer from Norway - spent several weeks filming this spectacular time lapse video of the Aurora Borealis from the Kirkenes and Pas National Park.  At 70* north and 30* east, with temperatures around -25* Celsius, Sorgjerd managed to capture the Aurora in all its stunning beauty...and with a good soundtrack, too.  Take a minute, go to Norway, and enjoy...

No comments: