Daisies, River Forks Park, Roseburg, Oregon 2011

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Just a Tuesday

Weather is foul today, which will make walking the dogs a muddy misery.  Though not as much a misery as what the landscape crew are dealing with.  Yuck.  Or maybe that should be more along the lines of muck.  I don't envy them their work today as they try to build the steps up the slope and around the house to the back deck.


Oz seems to be fine today, so go figure what happened to him night before last.  We were all up early this morning, mainly because we had to go grocery shopping, which meant I had to take the dogs out beforehand, have breakfast, take a shower, blah, blah.  And now--through the miracle of time travel--all those things have been accomplished; we're back home, it's time for lunch, then off to Swamp Walk.

I really need to get back to my writing as some point.  I left my main character in Book Two in a very compromising position and have to rescue him pretty soon before he abandons me for someone who pays attention to him.

************************************************

Here's a totally cool and fun thing from Cadbury.  You can catapult one of their Easter Eggs to any address, then watch as the goo splatters their house.  I gooed my sister's house--just to see how it all worked--and it's hilarious.  Takes awhile for the whole deal to load, then a little longer as the address is searched out, but it's fun to see that egg fly through the air, and...splat.  Click here if you want to goo someone...


**************************************************
I love this photo.  It reminds me of one I framed and gave to Alan for Valentine's Day one year.  The idea that what you see, isn't necessarily what is, has always intrigued me.  In the photo below, you have the suggestion of perhaps what once was...


...then there's my framed photo.  It just looks like an old man, walking along...though his shadow tells a different story of an unexpected what is.


Beneath the photo, the quote says:  
"Some things have to be believed to be seen."
Ralph Hodgson (1871-1962).

A close-up.  Don't you just wonder who he is, this Saxophone Man...??  I do...



*******************************************

Today marks the end of Week Three of not smoking.  I haven't mentioned it on the blog, nor have I told but a handful of people.  There's nothing I loath more than trying to do something, failing, and having other people know about it.  I wasn't sure I could do it--and frankly, I'm still not sure--but adding expectations from others on top of my own...??  No thanks.  Now, though, having made it this long, I feel more or less safe in bringing it up.

So, Alan and I have managed to stop, pretty much cold turkey; tomorrow starts Week Four.  I honestly feel better, have lost the wheeze, and we can now actually keep up with the dogs without gasping and choking for breath.  It's a good thing.  Even if I'm going through Tootsie Roll Pops like...well...candy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The smoking thing? FAR OUT!! I know I have used the "nothing's forever" excuse, but you know the gig: you've got it beat. It gets easier and easier.

So, based on the lack of posts and I know the weather has just sucked down there, what happened to the inner wall? I thought the steps were going between the walls. If it's a sensitive subject I'll understand.

terlee said...

Easier..?? Hmmm...actually, I'm finding it harder as the days go by. I told Alan last night it's a damn good thing we didn't have anything in the house to smoke or I would be hiding in the backyard, happily puffing away..!! Still, for now, the feeling better part is keeping me in line.

The inner wall had to go. I didn't take any photos to post as it was so awful and wrong, I couldn't stand it. It towered above the main wall and looked totally ridiculous, besides not at all what we asked for. I'm still not too sure how it's all going to pan out. Maybe later today (Wednesday), if it's not pouring down rain, I'll take some newer photos.