Daisies, River Forks Park, Roseburg, Oregon 2011

Monday, November 1, 2010

And So It Begins....

It's really here:  November 1st, and NaNo has begun.  So have my butterflies.  I've managed to procrastinate the better part of the morning away, mostly trying to add the Daily Word Count widget to my sidebar.  (Hey, whatever puts off the inevitable, right..??)

I finished all the editing of Book One, pdf'd it perfectly, and sent it off to CreateSpace.  I should have a finished, beautiful copy in a few weeks.  What a relief to get that done before I started writing the next installment of the saga, and just in the nick of time...I hit the "send" button at 10:30 last night.

The painter guys are here today, masking the windows and decks, apparently in preparation for the house painting.  Weather is dicey, including a strong, warm wind.  Maybe that will help dry the paint...or maybe we will just have a cloud of paint drifting all over the neighborhood.

Time for my shower, then I totally have to start the writing ordeal process.  This part is really the worst.  Staring at a blank, white, empty computer screen.  Eeww.  Shivers down my spine just thinking about it.  With any luck--and divine inspiration on the plot--I will blog later today, with some progress to show on the word counter. 

Until then, does anyone have a butterfly net I could borrow..??

No comments: