Daisies, River Forks Park, Roseburg, Oregon 2011

Monday, November 22, 2010

At Last...



Got a call from Dr B this morning: Ozzy will be home by this afternoon..!!  Most excellent news, though I have to confess, I'm still nervous that something will go wrong once he's not hooked to the fluids, etc.  But, according to the vet, he's finally eating like a horse (his words), enjoying his little walks, and hasn't been sick--either end--for days now.  It will be really, really great to see him, and have him home.

************************************************ 

The expected wild, winter storm seems to be approaching; each hour the clouds, wind and the view are changing outside my window.  It was truly cold last night, and the skies this morning have that "it's gonna snow" look.  There was lots more snow in the mountains this morning, and it's slowly creeping down from the higher elevations.  Tonight and tomorrow are to be the real snow periods; it will be interesting to see if we actually get any here at the house--those poor, inept weather folks don't have a great track record for accuracy.

************************************************

I've been trying to do the NaNo deal over the weekend, though my mind was half on the story and half on Ozzy.  It also hasn't helped that I haven't been sleeping very well, so the little gray cells aren't functioning in top form.  I should have reached at least 37K by yesterday (to finish by Nov 30), but the best I could do was crawl my way to 32K.  I might not make it to the winner's circle this year, but I guess I can console myself with the thought that, against the most bizarre odds this month, at least I tried.

I had an unexpected surprise at the end of my chapter last night....bwahhahaha.  Love how my characters can just take over the plot--and considering I can barely put a sentence together lately, that is a very good thing.

So, a happy day all around then.  Oz will be home, I have an exciting plot twist to play with, and it might snow any minute. 

No comments: