Daisies, River Forks Park, Roseburg, Oregon 2011

Sunday, November 14, 2010

No Rest for the Weary

Another sleepless night for the three of us Friday night, and again, last night.  Ozzy is still not good, and once his fasting period was over yesterday, he wouldn't eat the new food.  After it sat in his dish for hours (and at this point he hasn't eaten for a couple of days), I caved and mixed in some of his regular food with the new.  He still wouldn't eat anything.  Last night, Alan sat on the floor with him and hand-fed him 5 tiny little bites, which was all he would eat.  And half an hour later it was outside for another bout of diarrhea.  He was up and down all of last night, and is now laying on the floor in the living room looking as dejected and miserable as any dog possibly could, while his stomach roils and gurgles.  I'm at a loss what to do now, other than to make a trip to the doggy emergency room.

The painter guys were here, off and on, all day yesterday and it looks like maybe they have figured out how to get the primer/paint/sealer to stick to the freaking floor without bubbling off.  I'm not holding my breath at this juncture as I would probably pass out from lack of oxygen.  Still.  Something might go right for a change, you never know.  They are here now, at 9:00am Sunday morning, to put on the floor paint, though it's a nasty, foggy damp day and how it will ever dry is beyond me.  Whatever.  I just want it over with...!!!

Managed to do about 1700 words yesterday, but that leaves a hair over 2700 that I will have to do today to reach the halfway mark.  Considering Ozzy's illness, a possible run to the ER, and the effing garage floor, I'm not sure how the day will play out for me to attain that goal.  I guess I should figure out where to throw that towel.

No comments: