Daisies, River Forks Park, Roseburg, Oregon 2011

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Few Words, More Visuals

Mom sent me an email this morning with this video.  Short, sweet and too funny...




I've found the perfect place to write.  Uninterrupted, no distractions, just alone in the peaceful silence, freeing my mind to roam.  Now, if I just knew where on Earth to find this place...

Alone in the middle of nowhere (16 pics)
Photo courtesy of Presurfer

I love this. I'm sure the person in charge of the beautiful planters doesn't share the same joy as I do, but I can't resist laughing at this gigantic dog, dead asleep, in his fragrant flower bed.

Photo of dog and kittens from Amo

Another dose of cute.  Aren't animals just the funniest creatures..??  Why would these kittens think a plant pot was a cool place to sleep...and then curl into it just like two peas in a pod..??


Hmmm.  I'm sensing a theme here with my photos.  Am I tired..??  Do I need a nap...two hours after I got up this morning..??  

Probably, though I don't have time.  I really want to follow a thread in my plot, and keep up the pace on the word count.  I know there will come a day (no doubt, in NaNo's dreaded Week Two), where I will have nary a thought in my head and will stare in horror at the laptop.  Been there, done that, so I'm trying to get a head start on that day.

A foggy, misty, buried-in-the-clouds morning on the mountain today.  The guys are painting the three doors, and when the sun comes out (crossed fingers), they will finish the trim work.  It will be great to have all this over and done, with the house looking fresh and painted.  I'm looking forward to getting things back to normal...whatever that means.

No comments: