Daisies, River Forks Park, Roseburg, Oregon 2011

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Rainy Sunday...

I love rainy Sundays.  Really, I do.  More than any other day of the week, a rainy Sunday seems perfect.  It makes me want to snuggle into the couch and read a book, or start a big pot of something that will simmer on the stove all day, making the house smell warm and cozy.

This rainy Sunday means I will be writing with wild abandon on the NaNo book.  I was on fire yesterday, and not only passed my daily quota, but made up for my zero word count of Friday.  I told Alan I was not going anywhere--other than Ozzy's walk--except into the Study to write.  I hung this on the door to make sure my intentions were perfectly clear:


If I can get in another solid round of writing today, I hope to take a break this afternoon, and make a batch of Zeppole: Italian donut balls of yummy deliciousness.  I've been waiting for ages to make them, and today seems like the right time--but only if I can get the main guy in the book to go where I need him to go, without hair pulling and screaming, (the hair pulling and screaming would be from me, not him).

Not much else to chat about on this soggy Sunday, so I'll stop blogging and get on with the writing.  My incentive will be those Zeppole calling my name, and believe me, that will be a major motivation.

One last photo, that made me laugh when I saw it this morning on a blog site I follow.  Have a great, laid-back Sunday everyone...just like this:

No comments: