Daisies, River Forks Park, Roseburg, Oregon 2011

Monday, November 1, 2010

What A Day

First, check out the Daily Word Count widget on the right there...yeah...that one.  The one that says I wrote 2,571 words today...!!  Yaaahooo...!!  And the writing was sandwiched between four loads of wash, numerous trips up and down the stairs to view the painting job on the house, taking photos of same, three Ozzy walks, lunch, dinner, and half the morning spent in Procrastinationville.  Wow.  Just think what I could do if I was holed up in a mountain cabin, far from the madding crowd.  Though, that might turn me into Jack Nicholson in The Shining, and wouldn't get the second book written, would it..??

The guys made great strides on the house today; the weather was 70*, with warm, dry winds.  They managed to get two coats, on two sides of the money pit house, and plan to do the other two sides tomorrow.  I can't wait to see how the trim paint will look against the beige-ish/brown-ish color that seems to predominate at the moment.  Also, the dark sage green doors should break that up a bit, too.

I took some photos, but the color isn't quite the same as in real life.  Still, you can almost see the difference between the new color and the pukey white cream of the old.  It was weird to have all the windows covered in plastic film, too.  When I would walk into the living area, I kept thinking there was a terrible fog in the valley.  (Shut up.  You weren't here.  The plastic was vaguely see-through, but like looking through smoke or fog.  Oh, never mind).


Kirk, using a very long spray gun...and doing an excellent job, too.  That ugly brown door will eventually become dark sage green.  Can't wait.


They got the second coat on, and were able to remove the plastic film from the side windows.  You can't quite make this out in the photo, but the black edging around the windows looks really good against the beige-ish/brown-ish color on the body of the house.  I'm not sure why these pictures are so crappy, but you can sort of get the idea how things look.


Though I did loads of writing today, I will not be able to keep up the pace, I'm sure.  Especially not tomorrow.  Ozzy has an appointment with the groomer, early in the morning, so Alan and I are going to take advantage of the early start, and hit Costco and the grocery store.  Then, home by lunch, followed by a walk in the park with Ozzy, and finally back to the NaNo writing by 2:30 or 3:00.  I don't expect I'll have a very good word count tomorrow, for sure.

Still.  It was a good day...both for writing, and for house painting.

No comments: