Daisies, River Forks Park, Roseburg, Oregon 2011

Friday, November 26, 2010

Black Friday

It seems like the most unlikely name for the day after Thanksgiving.  Conjures up images of doom and gloom, doesn't it..??  I was reading this morning about the why of this title, and had I given it any thought, it makes sense.  Accounting term for "in the black" meaning profit not loss.  Go figure.  Still, you'd think a more cheerful name for the busiest shopping day of the year would be more appropriate.

Unfortunately for me, last week I made a hair appointment for 11:00am this morning...at the mall.  Been out of the country for so long, I forgot all about the madness and mayhem of this particular day.  Hopefully I will get a parking space within five miles of the hair place.  And, since I'm dumb enough to be out there during such an event, I might as well do some Christmas shopping while I'm at it.

Ozzy had another undisturbed night.  Cripes, I feel like a new mother who's baby has finally gotten to the "sleep through the night" stage.  He seems to be doing really well, though it was a struggle yesterday with the turkey.  He loves his turkey, and just couldn't get over the fact we weren't sharing.  Too bad he can't ever have it again, poor wee thing.

Okay, time to go get scalped...in more ways than one, no doubt.

No comments: