Daisies, River Forks Park, Roseburg, Oregon 2011

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Birch trees

I was standing out on the front porch a few minutes ago.  The wind was blowing, and as I looked through the large window into the house, I could see the reflection of the Birch trees superimposed over the view of the living room and out the windows that look over the valley.  Very definitely a 3-D effect.

Here's my meager attempt to capture what I saw:

Two of the trees, still holding onto their leaves, even in a stiff breeze...


I turned from the trees and took this next picture of the 3-D effect through the window...

 
Then I went inside and shot this photo from the other side, looking out the same window at the trees...


The Birch trees are so lovely, and still make that gentle whispering sound in the wind.  It will be very bleak and boring when all the leaves have finally fallen.

No comments: