Daisies, River Forks Park, Roseburg, Oregon 2011

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Finally...


I hope Santa was kind to everyone this year.  Ozzy got three new squeaky toys, so my morning has been a bit fraught.  Then he tries to bury them, apparently to save them for a time in the future when he will not have any toys (as if).  He gets all frantic and runs around the house looking for the best latibule (Bwah hahahaSave the Words strikes again..!!  Latibule = hiding place).  Course, if he sees you looking, that means he has to move the toy.  Poor wee boy, he does take his toys seriously...

My sister gave me the most amazingly cool dish.  How she managed to match it with my beloved Lodgeware Dutch Oven is beyond me as she doesn't live anywhere near me, and yet still got the color exactly right.  It's even more special because it's Italian...my favorite.  The red is just...yummy.



Our ex-neighbors in Edinburgh sent this terrific calendar of their Boxer, Harvey.  It's just a perfect series of photos as he's grown from a puppy to the great manly dog he is today.  He's the sweetest thing, and the pictures gave me another jolt of homesickness...but in a good way.  The photos I took of the calendar aren't too good, but you get the idea.




And then, I saw this newspaper clipping this morning.  What could it mean..??


Okay, that about takes care of the blog for today.  I have Christmas dinner to prepare, there's always Ozzy's walkies, and at last, the ordeal big event is winding down and I can stop posting Christmas-related graphics.  Next week at this time will be the start of a whole New Year.  Wow.  Where is the time going..?? 

Enjoy your Christmas everyone...!!

No comments: