Daisies, River Forks Park, Roseburg, Oregon 2011

Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve !!

So, here we are...the final countdown to Christmas.  I hope everyone is finished with their preparations and can now relax and enjoy the holiday.

This morning I got an email from our across-the-street neighbors in Edinburgh.  They sent me a photo of our old house, buried in the never-ending snowstorms of December.  I love the picture, taken from their front window, though it did give me a pang of homesickness.  Still, I guess I should be glad to be in the temperate climate of Roseburg this winter, instead of the Arctic clime of Edinburgh.  And, wow, look at that threatening sky...bbrrrrrrr.


Alan and I plan on a quiet day; our biggest event will be taking Ozzy to the park this afternoon.  It's cloudy here right now, though not too cold, so just a typical Roseburg day, I suppose.  

Maybe later I'll find a Christmas movie to watch, though it will NOT be "It's A Wonderful Life".  I love Jimmy Stewart, but that movie drives me nuts.  When his little wretch child says that bit about "whenever a bell rings, an angel got its wings"...I mean really, gag-worthy.  That no doubt makes me a Scrooge of epic proportions, but I don't care.  That movie is like fingernails screeching down a chalkboard to me.  I think "The Nutcracker" is on, though that will put Alan to sleep.  What is it with men and the ballet..??

Well, no matter what we end up doing, here's wishing you all a great Christmas Eve...!!

No comments: